Home

 
 
 

 

GENEVA: September 17, 2010
The Official Website of the Western European Diocese Now Offers the Complete Set of the Journal Tserkovniya Vedomosti 

On September 16, 2010, the official website of the Western European Diocese of the Russian Orthodox Church Outside of Russia announced that, with the blessing of His Grace Bishop Michael of Geneva and Western Europe, it will offer the collection of the journal Tserkovniya Vedomosti [“Church News”] published between 1922 and 1930. 

This periodical was first published by the Supreme Ecclesiastical Authority Abroad, then by the Provisional Synod of Bishops of the Russian Orthodox Church Abroad, and from June 1, 1923, by the Synod of Bishops of the Russian Orthodox Church Outside of Russia.  

The first issue was published on March 15, 1922, edited by EI Makharoblidze, Administrator of the Chancery of the Synod of Bishops of the Russian Orthodox Church Outside of Russia.  

This journal contains valuable materials on the history of the Russian Orthodox Church abroad during her first years of exile, intended for use by historians and Orthodox Christians in general.